1. Health
Why have we been writing so much about sex on the Longevity site these past few weeks? Because sex may just help you to live longer.

Sex not only helps by keeping close human contact in your life, it may even add 3-8 years to your life. While not a great deal of research has been done among older adults, it seems that people who have frequent orgasms do, in fact, live longer. This makes some sense -- an orgasm releases chemicals in your body that cause relaxation and pleasure. These chemicals, if released often enough, may counteract the negative effects of stress.

Learn more about Sex and Living Longer
Comments
May 26, 2007 at 3:16 pm
(1) Longevity Science says:

Thank you for your interesting story!
I thought perhaps you may also find this related post interesting to you:
Longevity Science: Sex and Longevity
and

January 15, 2009 at 6:59 pm
(2) Ts says:

Go for pleasures there.

February 1, 2009 at 1:29 pm
(3) kookimebux says:

Hello. And Bye. :)

July 5, 2009 at 8:05 am
(4) Meee says:

Maybe but the stress associated with finding sex can defeat the advantages!!!! If you are luck enough to have a steady partner who still has sex with you then yes it could increase your life span in being less stress. But in my life I can’t say it’s true since I am still alone. But there are so many other ways to enrich your life you CAN do without it especially at a later age when you don’t feel the urge so much. 3 to 8 years less life? Who knows? There are so many variables I wouldn’t put any number on it. Chances are a person lives just as long all else equal…arranging for sex is a lot of work!!!!

March 2, 2010 at 6:27 pm
(5) pimp since been pimping says:

Who ever wrote that sex isn’t great doesn’t get it oviously and it does relax me I get laid 2 to 3 times a week though get out of your shell and stop being a lame

July 23, 2010 at 9:13 pm
(6) David Kim says:

Thank you for your inspiring story. I think you should go for pleasures then ;)

April 20, 2011 at 8:20 am
(7) camgirlcamgirls says:

yes, sex is too important for live longer.