- Top Anti Aging Foods
- Top Anti Aging Methods
- The Anti Aging E Course: a free 8 week course for living younger.
- Enhance the ability of states and communities to identify and implement effective strategies, policies, and programs to promote and protect the health of older adults.
- Expand efforts to integrate public health and aging services and enhance outreach for health promotion and disease prevention for older adults.
- Promote health and preserve health-related quality of life for older adults within health care and other systems.
The Administration on Aging uses the Older Americans Act as its basic guiding document is believes that "dignity is inherent to all individuals in our democratic society, and the belief that older people should have the opportunity to fully participate in all aspects of society and community life, be able to maintain their health and independence, and remain in their own homes and communities for as long as possible."
Created in 1974, the NIA's mission is:
- Support and conduct high-quality research on:
- Aging processes
- Age-related diseases
- Special problems and needs of the aged
- Train and develop highly skilled research scientists from all population groups
- Develop and maintain state-of-the-art resources to accelerate research progress
- Disseminate information and communicate with the public and interested groups on health and research advances and on new directions for research.
Back to Aging FAQs