- Watching TV makes you inactive. You just sit there burning as few calories as possible, which could lead to weight problems.
- TV makes you eat more junk food. People who are watching TV eat more than those who don't. It's a fact.
- TV makes you antisocial. You are at home, zoned in, instead of talking with real people, face-to-face.
- TV is stressful. The news and many shows are filled with stressful stories. Avoid these, and you may feel things are not so bad after all.
- TV keeps you from doing other things. This is the big one for me. The average person watches something like four hours of TV every day. That is 28 hours a week or more than 1,400 hours a year. If we all just put that time in to something else (exercise, volunteering, talking with our children), think of what a different world it would be.
Read More: Turn Off Your TV