The Bottom Line
- Fun graphics illustrate responses.
- Very quick.
- Don't need to give an e-mail address.
- Report gives little follow-up information.
- Response options were not detailed enough.
- Cute, but not very helpful.
- Each answer changes a picture of a person (man or woman) according to the response.
- Predicted life expectancy changes with each response so you can see how important each behavior is for your longevity.
- No concrete recommendations were given to our test person, just a generic "you are doing great" statement.
Guide Review - The Longevity Game from NMFN
The test itself was very quick, but some of the questions were unclear. Questions generally only gave three responses and the truth was somewhere in between, forcing the user to pick the closest answer. It was very fun to watch how the graphics change with each answer.
A good website to visually understand the impact of each behavior on longevity - but not very detailed in explanation or questions. More of a toy than a potentially accurate longevity calculator. There are a few suggestions that pop up at bottom (below the numbers) but you have to mouse over them.
Play the "longevity game" for fun, but look elsewhere for concrete ideas about increasing your longevity.