The Bottom Line
- Well-designed, user friendly
- Free 7-day trial
- Need a daily commitment for best results.
- Well-developed games delivered via the Internet to help your train your brain.
- Website is easy to use. You only need a few tries before you "get the hang of" each game.
- You need to have a bit of time to devote to the system to get the most out of it. A lot is there if you keep with it.
Guide Review - Lumosity Brain Training Website
In just a few minutes a day, you should see improvement in your ability to quickly pass tests and play the games in Lumosity. Its motto is "reclaim your brain" (though it is not clear from whom I am reclaiming my brain).
The games are easy to understand and force you to concentrate. They run smoothly and are well-developed. Some of the games rely on reaction time, and it may take a while before you get the hang of the controls. Video game experience will be construed as higher intelligence in this system. Personally, some of the games lasted too long and I had to use a bit of discipline to get through them.
CostLumosity is also one of the pricier options for online brain training websites. It costs $9.99 per month or $79.99 for the whole year. If you commit to doing the trainings, you'll get your money's worth. But if you are an occasional user, you won't see much benefit.
More on Mental Fitness