How do you plan to lose weight? What are your methods for keeping the weight off and making sure it stays off? What have you learned and can share with others about weight loss? Share your ideas here.
Avoid Glutamates & add Taurine
- To easily lose weight, get the added glutamates out of your diet. Look up glutamates on an internet search, and you will find lists of the names they are called in processed foods. Then take a Taurine supplement 2x/day. It's been working for me.
- —Guest Kathy Claytor
A full stomach is a full stomach
- A trick I like to use is to have one meal with couple teaspoons of either wheat bran or psyllium husks. This really is the corollary to not drinking sugary pops and such. Rather than having calories that don't fill you up, you are being filled up by something that has no calories! The best way to feel less hungry is to put something in your stomach!
You can add the fiber to either juice, hot cereal or make a nice smoothie or shake with it. Use your imagination and lose weight!
- —Guest disgruntled
- A few years ago when a few pounds overweight, I ate nothing but apples until lunch time then followed normal meals.
Now I just prefer to wait until I am hungry before having a meal. At all times I drink plenty of water.
lifelong weight maintenance
- Low to medium good carbs like berries,pears,stone fruits,protein at every mini meal of about 300 calories 5-6 times per day and lots of low carb veggies like lettuce,tomatoes,asparagus,celery,etc. nuts,seeds in moderate amounts, and some healthy fats like avacodos, olive,hemp,flax oils and home made low carb desserts like brownies. I've avoided menopausal weight gain by eating this way. Basically high protein, high water and fiber diet with some healthy fats is the way to avoid weight gain for most people.
- —Guest liz n.
Smaller Portions, Frequent Snacks
- I recently lost 20 pounds on the cancer treatment diet - I don't recommend it! I'm better now and trying to keep most of that weight off. Smaller portions with frequent sensible snacks (a few nuts, a few grapes, etc.) is working for me. Since I had gotten used to eating very little, it hasn't been that difficult to keep my portion sizes small and stop when the plate is empty rather than having seconds.
- —Guest Susan52
Reduce the carb for lose wt.
- In 1998 my wt was 120lbs and i was suffering many disease such as tired,dizzyness,migraine,and easy to catch cold and flu.I started to plan to lose wt.by eating balance diet and doing ex..I cut off the half of carb and substitute with veggies.Morining i ate the cereal with milk and sugar,sometime fry rice with boilded bean.Lunch time cooked rice and fry fresh green leaves or fruits with meat or fish.During the day time if i hungry drinking coffee with cookie plus and fresh water.At dinner i reduce the half amount of food than from lunch with rice and fresh salad with meat.I always eat small amount at dinner `cause after finish the meal we go to bed there is no chance for burn fat.I am afraid to store the fat on my body.
With balance diets i also doing the right exercise by walking in the first state.When obesed peoples start to do wt.lose walking is suit for them.Don`t do the heavy ex.by jumping and running `cause of over wt. all joint may be painful.I became slim and wt.lose i started
- —Guest san san ohn
Fill up on veggies
- My favorite weight loss technique is to simply fill up on vegetables. I like this techniques because it involves eating and not being hungry. It gives great nutrition. The key is to make sure there is nothing fattening on the veggies - like butter or cream sauce. Then, every meal (including breakfast) just eat tons of veggies.
- —Guest Dr. Mark