Anti-Aging and Healthy Aging
How We Age
Aging is a mysterious process that we know very little about. In the scientific world, there is a good level of dispute about why aging happens and what causes aging. Each of these theories points to different solutions and techniques for reversing aging. Find out the concepts behind many of the products that are out there claiming anti-aging benefits.
- Understanding the Aging Process
- The Many Ways Your Body Changes with Age
- Turn Back Your Biological Clock
- How Does Skin Really Age?
- Location, Location: Age and Your Hair
- How Teeth Change Over Time
- Changes in Your Sense of Taste and Smell
- Age's Effects on Your Hands and Fingers
Eat Yourself Younger
Eating is the most important thing you do for your health everyday. You can eat foods that have anti-aging properties and help you to feel better now and live longer, or you can choose foods that attack your body and speed aging. The best part? Once you start down the healthy path, you won't want to come back - you will just want to feel good by eating these great foods.
- Anti-Aging Diet
- How Chocolate Can Help You Live Longer
- Which Chocolate is the Healthiest?
- How Much Dark Chocolate Should I Eat?
- Fiber Intake and Longevity
- Chia Seeds and Weight Loss
- Hemp Seeds and Health
- How Many Calories Do You Need, As You Age?
- Anti-Aging Breakfast Ideas
- Protein Needs of Older People
Exercise for Anti-Aging Benefits
Your body was made to move. Exercise is one of the best things you can do to improve your health and feel great too. Exercise adds a feeling of energy to your day and keeps everything working smoothly. Every person needs to figure out how to enjoy exercise and work it into his or her daily life. Don't think you have to join a gym or run a marathon -- there are lots of ways to work exercise into your life.
- What's the Minimum Exercise I Need, to Live Longer?
- Simple Ways to Get Motivated
- Is Exercising Outdoors Good for Your Longevity?
- Will Running Ruin My Aging Knees?
- How Nature Programs Benefit Health and Longevity
- The Risks of Sitting Still
Taking care of your skin can both take years off your appearance while helping you avoid conditions like skin cancer. Billions of dollars are spent each year on anti-aging skin care products, but do any of these products actually work? Find out the reasoning behind the products and what they can do for typical skin problems.
- The Truth Behind Aging Skin
- How Does the Sun Age Skin?
- This Ingredient is Proven to Reverse Skin Aging
- Are BB Creams Anti-Aging?
Longevity and Illness
From high blood pressure to diabetes, illnesses can decrease your life expectancy -- but not always. Learn the effects of various chronic illnesses on longevity and ways to reduce, and sometimes reverse, those effects. Prevent illnesses from happening in the first place, catch illness early, and make changes in your lifestyle to keep illnesses from growing worse.
- Which Diseases are Age-Related?
- Cortisol: Why This Stress Hormone is Bad for Your Heart
- Smile for Your Heart and Your Health
- What Older People Should Know About Shingles
- How Dangerous is Fatty Liver Disease?
- How Mindfulness Meditation Can Prevent Disease
- Hypothermia Risk for Seniors
- Is My Belly Fat the Risky Kind?
Supplement Your Aging
Supplements and vitamins can be a useful took in aging. For example, Vitamin D is looking to be important to healthy aging. Some supplements may be essential (especially if you are taking certain medications and have certain health conditions), but other supplements may just be a waste of money. As a general rule, get your vitamins and minerals from lots of healthy fruits and vegetables -- but know about some key supplements too!
- Can Supplements Help You Live Longer?
- Fish Oil Supplements and Mercury Risk
- Try Wearing - Not Taking - This Vitamin
Sleep, Aging and Living Longer
Sleep is one of my favorite things - and that's good because sleep helps your body make repairs and stay young. Think of sleep as the maintenance phase of your body. If you get enough, everything stays in good shape. If you don't get enough, there will be problems down the line. Learn simple techniques for sleep well and make it a goal to improve your sleep.
- White Noise and Sound Sleep
- Top Inexpensive Sound Machines to Help You Sleep
- What is Sleep Anyway?
- Health Benefits of Sleep
Hearing and Vision
Your eyes and your ears are a major part of your life. If they start having problems, your quality of life may change drastically. Learn about the common problems with vision and hearing that are linked to aging. There are some simple things to do to avoid problems (turn down those headphones!) and manage difficulties.
- Is There a Cure for Tinnitus?
- Your Vision and Aging
- How Smoking Affects Your Vision
- Can Nearsightedness Be Prevented?
- Protect Your Eyes in the Sun
- Eye Color and Cataract Risk
- Cheap Glasses: Bad For Your Eyes?
- Hearing Loss Tips
Healthy Weight, Healthy Body
Getting to, and sticking with a healthy body weight is one of the most important moves you can make in order to age well. Not only will you dodge age-related diseases like heart disease and cancer, your joints will thank you too. Here's what you need to know about obesity and longevity.
- How Do I Know If I'm Obese?
- Find Your Target Weight
- 5 Simple Ways to Cut Calories Without Feeling Deprived
- The Toll Fat Takes on the Liver