We've all tried a food now and then that promises to increase our energy, improve our health or increase our longevity. Write about your experiences with these so-called "superfoods" below. Were they worth the money? Did you notice any difference? Share your story with other readers. Share Your Top Ideas
- I found the the Anti Aging foods informative. I learned many things about taking care of my skin and the foods I should eat on daily basis. I want to share the link to my facebook friends so they can also be aware of the foods to eat for anti aging.
On my everyday market I will include those foods to eat like avocados, berries, etc.
- —Guest florence Dagsa
Parsley and Ginger
- Not together necessarily, but heaps of parsley has heaps of micronutrients and ginger is a potent anti-inflammatory which stimulates dopamine production. Feel good mentally and you can tackle the world.
- —Guest Teri
how to stay young
- Luckily, I already love most of the foods in this article. I plan to continue consuming them. But I have another thing I've recently discovered that I feel is working wonders for me. I think matol is something that should be considered for this list.
- Great overview of some excellent superfood which of course is also anti aging food .
- —Guest James Reno
Super food I love Yam
- Yams, any way you slice em they're deeelicious! spinach too,mmmmmm
- —Guest Katherine
- The usual:Vit. C, lots of vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, 2 glasses of red wine a day, little meat, little flour and sugar, lots of fatty fish like sardines, salmon, mackerel, dark chocolat to enhance mood when needed, extra omega 3 + 6 capsule, one calcium/magnesium tablet a day, spirulina or Lake Klamath tablet, use good olive oil only, walk a lot and sleep at least 7/8 hours a night.
- Normally during the rainy season i had two to three times of flu already.This year i have no signs of flu `cause of my own herb using and it can prevent the virus.I got a little of catch cold and release in short period.Last previous years i had joint pain ,sneezing ,headache and very weak of trembling by flu attack.Now there are no signs of them this year by my own herb of noni.But my relations never accept and use as it has strong taste and bitter.I have known the green bitter has antiviral and now i ate the bitter gourd this morning.All herbs have rich anti-oxidants and they can help the peoples to stay strong and healthy.I always try to approach the seniors and asked them the ancient herbs formular which they used in their life.I wrote down in my books and used it ,later they have the useful medications for peoples.I already used the herb of high blood pressure and now i could control it and stayed in the healthy life.I try to prevent it `cause my father was passed away with hypert
- —Guest san san ohn
Hariom S Vyas
- How can we gorget the very first food of every animal & that is MILK..a lige giving fluid containing almost all nutrients.Mung cereals, Whole wheat floor,curds ( yogurt),Honey these are enought to add for longevity
- —Guest Hariom S Vyas
- I appreciate all the good foods that you have mentioned up there, except the chocolate. I doubt if one can get good
chocolate that does not have lots of fats
and sugar, for they make whatever they
can sell well.
Please think it over before you recommend it again.
Thank you very much.
- —Guest mike
Not superfood but rich anti-oxidant
- The women who have hot flash make her woke up in the mid night.The sweating around the upper portion and it felt not so easy but could not sleep well and next morning it become drowsy,and trembling.I always used the herbs and asking the older peoples knowledge how they passed their life with menopause.Go to clinic and discuss with doctor but for me was not better and try the herbs again.That herb is called Noni and it has rich anti-oxidant and it can make fall to sleep faster.It try to balance the seretonin and cool down the body temperature.I use noni daily and my health impoved and could stay in happy life.I wan to use for the women age of 50 plus but some are not accept .Believe it or not is their side but telling the truth is my side.I want all the people to be healthy with not spend much money on health.Some societies used strange technique to sell their medicine which actually is not much useful for health.Using the right diet of herb is harmless and suitable for everybody.
- —Guest san san ohn
Few Get Enough of This
- Would you like to increase your vertical leap? Well, I recommend some vitamin D. Did you know vitamin D is linked to muscle power in adolescent girls?
Or has your tennis elbow been bothering you, even though you haven’t played tennis in 20 years? Is that weak knee from an old athletic injury been giving you more pain that it seems like it should, given the relatively light amount of stress you put on it? Do you have Blackberry thumb, cell phone elbow, mouse forefinger syndrome, or worse, the dreaded mouse pad wrist numbness? Or like me, have you simply had a shin splint since 2002 that recently appears to have morphed into a possible stress fracture, and which is taking longer than it seems like it should to heal?
I now take about 10,000 IU’s of vitamin D per day, having diagnosed myself with osteomalacia (rickets for old folks [I’m 59]). I’ve been doing this for a little over 2 months, and the improvement in my aches and pains is remarkable.
watercress super foood
- watercress should be added to the list. It's incredibly nutrient dense and packed with cancer fighting anti-oxidents. Human trials have found success in improving damaged dna cells in smokers and it's currently being tested as a replacement for tomoxaphan for breast cancer survivors. 1 cup supplies 22% of Vitamin A and 24% of Vitamin C RDA.
- —Guest andybrown
- capsicum annum (cayenne peppers) have a wonderful warming effect on the body making a coat seem unnecessary, they achieve this warming effect by dissolving mucus layers in the sinuses, mouth, eyes, blood and heart ultimately increasing blood flow to the extremities. along with its vascular stimulating properties it can kill parasites lodged in the intestines by making the body an ill-suited environment for parasites to live in. also it has a curious effect on the nervous system as a temporary pain reliever, when taken in sufficient doses, by depleting the pain receptors in nerve endings. but be careful when ingesting any form of this pepper because any amount can make your body become uncomfortably over heated, but this can be cured by drinking copious amounts of water, really if your dehydrated it will tell you very quickly.
- —Guest david ballard
More brilliant foods
- Mmm, also blue-green algae from Lake Klamath, flax seed oil, hemp seeds (hulled only), bee pollen, sunflower and buckwheat soil-grown greens (i.e., you soak them, then grow them in 1" of soil until two leaves appear)--quite delicious and sooo good for you; all sprouts (alfalfa, etc.); fresh herbs: thyme, oregano, parsley, cilantro, etc.; garlic (magic healer!); coconut oil/butter (only oil that's not adulterated by heating); almonds; goji berries (fantastic); sea vegetables (packed with minerals we need) as is sea salt (the undried, unblanched kind which is wet and gray and full of essential minerals too -- unlike commercial salt which is not good...)
- —Guest Framboise
- Lemons, all top PH (alkaline) foods, all top anti-inflammation foods.
- —Guest Susan G.